Sunday, January 27, 2013

Literary Litany

You are the heart and the start of a new beggining,
the window and the breeze.
You are the sweet breath of a tender life
and the kiss of love, worth a million words
You are the dream, and the future.

However, you are not the nightmare,
or the cry of pain.
And you are certainly not a mistake.
There is just no way that you are mistake.

It is possible that you are all mine
maybe even the sushine,
but you are not even close
to being like most.

And a quick look in the mirror will show
that you are neither a crime
nor a useless man

It might interest you to know,
speaking of the plentiful imagery of the world,
that I have fallen irrevocably in love with you.

I also happen to be all yours and your biggest prize,
and the woman that will keep our lives full of suprise and never lies.

I am also the support to your life
and the one who cant be without you.
But don't worry, I'm not the knife and certainly not the blade
You are still the man I want to stay and the one I could never trade.
You will always be the start and the endings to my days,
not to mention the stars and--somehow--the rising sun .
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Ah romance. He looks like a superhero in that photo! I found it interesting that you felt compelled to rhyme. I'm curious. Why is that? What effect did you want it to have on readers? Also, that means our class should think about why a poet like Billy Collins would choose not to use rhyme. Finally, I'd say that you missed out on the chance to reinforce your beautiful images of window and breeze. Note how Collins repeats the same images he uses in the first stanza in the last stanza. Repetition reinforces importance. :)

    ReplyDelete