Monday, May 6, 2013

Blog 13

 



What was your favorite poem?  My favorite Poem was probably "To a daughter leaving home" I really felt like I connected with this one and really felt like this poem was about me.
Your least favorite poem? Why? The poem I didn't really like was, "Not waving but Drowning" I didn't like this one beacause it was just confusing and on going.

What was your favorite short story? Your least favorite short story? Why?
My fovorite short story was a,"Good Man is hard to Find" because it had a lot of emotion in it and made you really think wether the chaaracters were infact "good or bad".
My least favorite short story was "An old man with enormous wings"it just wasn't very interesting to me I didn't like how it was written.
Should next semester's ENGL150 students read Death of a Salesman? I personally didn't really like this play, it seemed a little to "crazy".  I felt like it just had so much going on that it made it hard to concentrate or to be really interested in it at that. The film and book wasn't really interesting to me at all.

How did you feel about watching Hollywood versions of Bartleby and Death of a Salesman? Is there utility in seeing a visual version of something you're responsible to read?
I didn't really like either of those storys they were just very strange and once I saw them on film the acting was either frustrating or just too overwhelming. I think many people didn't read the play since the film was provided in class.
What was your favorite in-class activity? What was your least favorite in-class activity?
My favorite in-class activity would probably be when we studied for the second exam with the testing strips I think that helped a lot of us out. I also think that strategy should be used for all the tests.  My Least favorite was dicussing every poem or story we read in class.

You'll notice that I didn't have your small groups present (even though the syllabus claimed you would). Did you miss that? Would you have rather that whole-class discussions were led by students doing presentations? I think having the small group discussions were usually pretty awkward because not everyone would participate or didn't read the stories. I think talking as a class we had better input and more thoughts.
Finally, what are your feelings on the creative blog entries? Which entry did you enjoy most? Least?
My favorite blog entry was probably the first one because it gave us a chance to express ourselves in a poetic way, my least favorite was the Ode. I didn't really like the blogs that much, I felt like having blog assignments and P assignments was just a little too much. I think that only one of these methods should be used. It was kind of a pain to do the blogs.


 

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear! It seems you are the minority in your feelings that the small-group work wasn't as effective as the large-group discussions.

    ReplyDelete